Friday, April 9, 2010

15 Weeks


Taking things one week at a time ;)

We had a busy week with doctors appointments. Good news is the hyperthyroid issue is not as big of an issue as we thought. It should be something that goes away once we deliver. However it looks as though I'm a little more anemic than my OB thought so she is bringing me in next Thursday to draw more blood. I should get the results from my 2nd trimester blood draw back soon and hope to hear more good news from that. I'm pretty confident about it. :)

This is an interesting part of the pregnancy, symptoms have started to go away. No real nausea anymore, boobs are tender but definately not as sore as before. I'm tired but I have energy to get alot of stuff done during the day now. I feel like I'm at this in between stage where you don't quite feel the baby moving yet and you don't have a whole lot of real symptoms. Guess why the books say this is the surreal part of the pregnancy. Unless I hear the HB or see him on the u/s it's hard to feel pregnant. I find myself laying on the floor or the bed just to rub my belly and hope to feel something definate.

Here is what babycenter.com says about growth this week:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). He's busy moving amniotic fluid through his nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in his lungs begin to develop. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all of his joints and limbs. Although his eyelids are still fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, he's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but he is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")



How far along: 15 weeks (going by 10/3 edd)
Weight gain: 2 pounds, yup I went down
Stretch marks: No changes
Sleep: Still having a hard time getting comfortable at night
Best Moment this Week: A friend of my owns a upscale used baby store and I was able to pick up an awesome baby swing for $40.00. I don't think this has ever been used. Retails for $150. Great deal!
Movement: It's still really hard for me to tell, sometimes I feel something going on and I know it's not gas but can't tell if the movement is baby or not.
Food Cravings: Cheese
Labor Signs: BH only
Belly Button in or out?: In
Wedding rings on or off?: On
What I am looking forward to: My next u/s appointment and feeling that first definate kick, we will see our baby again and find out 100% if baby is a boy. May 3rd is our next u/s
Milestones: I got to hear baby's heartbeat on the doppler at my OB appointment, it's the 3rd time I've heard it but it's very comforting none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...