Tuesday, November 22, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Documenting the Details

Day 1-My workspace

Photobucket


My sewing has taken up a portion of the kitchen/dining area. My workspace started in our bedroom, after Parker was born we made a few changes and put the sewing area in his room. That didn't work out too well, so it we moved it out to the main room. We don't use the table for eating since you can only sit on one side of the table as there is no room to pull out the other chairs.

The table, shown in the background, is the best part of my workspace. It is very heavy and sturdy. The table I was using for sewing on originally, was wobbly and that does not work with sewing/embroidering. When I would serge, the table would bounce all over the place and cause the threads to "jump" off their designated paths. Unfortunately, this table only fits in this spot in our condo.

I have a love/hate relationship with this table. When we bought the table they had already put it together. That was great because I wasn't looking forward to assembling it. We were loading up the chairs when the seat of one of the chairs came loose and smashed my foot. It was very very painful, a trip to the ER to make sure nothing in my foot was broken and a few weeks later I lost my toenail. My husband noticed that when they had put the chair together they skipped putting in some of the screws to expedite the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...