Monday, September 10, 2012

Bed rest: week 1 completed!

One more week behind us, and bed rest only drove me mildly insane this week. I feel for those that have been on bed rest since early pregnancy and have months of it. It's actually been much harder on Parker. Normally, we are always on the go and that literally has come to a halt. We did have some friends stop by this week to help keep Parker and I company, but it was still pretty rough on him. He's become pretty clingy to me in the past couple of weeks and is struggling with naps, so that isn't helping right now either.

Photobucket

The DVT therapy on legs/feet...looks funny, but it feels like a massage.

Current bed rest orders:
Length: 3 to 4 weeks (until 35/36 weeks pregnant)
Weeks pregnant: 32 weeks 3 days
Bed rest: At least 8 hours of the day laying/reclined in bed, laying in a recliner or laying on couch.
Restrictions: No long walks, no standing for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, no long car rides(except to appointments), no grocery shopping, no lifting(this one is tough when I'm alone with Parker during the day), very very light housework, no baths/swimming and of course the obvious no "contact" with hubby.
Medications: P17 shot 1x weekly until 36 weeks & Nifedipine 10mg every 4-6 hours

I was given permission to continue sewing, as long as I only sit at the machine for 10-15 minutes at a time. It takes me a little longer to finish something, but this is "mental" therapy for me. I will take my 10-15 minutes. 

On Wednesday, my OB sent over a nurse with a DVT therapy machine and a SCS(sequential compression system) machine for use on my back, feet and legs. This is to help reduce the potential for swelling or clots  in the legs and feet. The SCS is a hot/cold therapy for the back and is to help with having to lay down all day long. What I love about the SCS for my back is when I'm having a hot flash I use it because it gets super cold for a while and helps with the hot flash. Isn't my OB awesome?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...