Well, it wasn't as easy as I imagined, there were things I didn't really think about before Parker was born, such as;
- How tired I was with a newborn, utterly exhausted, I had little desire to clean let alone wash diapers.
- I couldn't get them to fit correctly, when he was little, they always leaked.
- Some of the diapers I bought were way too big to fit a newborn.
- I didn't have enough diapers in the beginning to get through a full day of changes.
- I couldn't figure out how to wash them correctly.
- My hubby loved the idea of cloth diapers, but was afraid to use them.
In the meantime I slowly bought diapers on sale here and there. I bought different styles/brands of cloth diapers until I found what style/brand worked best for us. I tried many different detergents and was able to get a wash routine down. Now, Parker is just over 5 months and I'm proud to say that I cloth diaper exclusively and have been for a month and a half.
AND, our little stash is now big enough to get through 2 or even 3 days without having to do diaper laundry...YAY!
I know that some other cloth diapering mamas will have you believe that cloth diapering is all or nothing and if you turn to disposables on a stressful, overwhelming day you are a bad mother. I wrote this post because I know that I'm not the only mama who has felt overwhelmed about cloth diapers at some point and if turning to disposables some of the time keeps you from losing your sanity, then go for it!