Saturday, February 12, 2011

Parker Dean, 5 days old (43/365)

I just received some of my photos of Parker when he was 5 days old! I'm so excited to see them. During his early days I was exhausted and adjusting to a newborn, I didn't take any photos of Parker myself this early on. My cousin does beautiful work. Seeing these photos for the first time, after 5 months has gone by, is pretty amazing. I have to admit, at first, I was a little bummed out about not seeing them earlier, but I honestly think this was so much better.

I'm amazed at how much hair he had. Parker had hair everywhere! His arms, back, forehead, butt and legs. He even had adorable side burns that extended to his jaw line and a mustache! His Dr. told us it was because of how early he was born, and he may not have been quite as hairy at term.

At 5 months, Parker no longer has hair on his back, butt, forehead, legs or arms. His side burns are no longer, and he has actually lost quite a bit of hair on his head. I'd say he's lost a good two-thirds compared to the thickness at birth.

Some distinguishing features Parker had at birth;

I already mentioned all his hair.

Parker was born with a stork bite right in the middle of his forehead. It extends from his hairline to his eyebrows. You can sometimes see it in his photos even now. Especially, when he is on his tummy, is hot or cold, or has been crying.

Parker also was born with stork bites on his nose and just above his lips, but those are no longer visible.

Parker was born with the big hands and long fingers! His hands are still huge compared to the rest of him. My daughter has the same beautiful long fingers.

Parker was born with rolls all over. Even though he was super skinny at birth, he still had rolls.

What I remember about the photo session;

Parker would not sleep! For being 5 days old he was already inquisitive about what was going on.

Parker pooped a lot, and made a mess on a few of the photo props.

Parker took a lot of food breaks.

I remember being mesmerized with how beautiful Parker was and how I was already holding him in my arms and that I was a mother of a newborn again, after 10 years.

I remember seeing my husband holding him, he was so afraid of breaking him. He was unbelievably happy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


This is my Lil' Prince today!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...