Saturday, July 3, 2010

27 Weeks!

Although it seems that this pregnancy has been long going. It's amazing to think that I'm in the last stretch of the pregnancy. I remember just the other day getting the positive pregnancy test. I was so nervous when I saw that second line, I took the test earlier than planned but I just couldn't help it. I remember getting up that Sunday morning and just saying, "What the heck, I will just take it and whatever happens, happens."

Sure enough the faintest pink link shows up. My hubby was still asleep and I just kept looking at this test. I'd say a good 30 minutes looking at the test at as many angles as I could turn it. Maybe I'm just seeing things. How can a test be positive only 9 days after I ovulated?!? I jumped into the bed and woke up hubby and told him that I think this is it. He rolled over and looked at the test and sure enough he could see it. I tried not to get too excited, we went through a positive test let down the cycle before.

I haven't really posted too much about what you go through emotionally when you receive two positive pregnancy tests just to start bleeding a few days later and be told by an nurse practitioner that you were never pregnant in the first place. Looking back, I know I was, especially when these pregnancy tests only give you a positive when you are producing the hormone over a certain amount. It was just not the right time in God's eyes, although I will always be sad for the little one that passed before we met.

This week has been crazy, tiring, frustrating, and stressful. I had been feeling and I still feel very off. On Wednesday I had this weird heart flutter thing happen. When it happened I couldn't breathe, talk, I felt faint and dizzy and probably would have fallen if I hadn't been sitting down. I just wanted to hit myself to get my heart to work right. It was really scary and odd. I called my OB not really thinking it was horrible but I was a little concerned and wanted to see if it was something to worry about. Well, she had me go see a cardiologist the next day. They said that it is probably SVT and could be caused by my thyroid but would have to run some more tests. These tests included me wearing a heart monitor for 48hours. Of course I felt palpitations, dizziness, faint, and short of breath during the whole 48 hours but not one flutter like I felt while working. So we will probably never get to the bottom of it, and I have this horrible itchy rash from the nodes they placed all over.

Onto Friday morning, I wake up at 3am and I'm having contractions. Not painful but pretty uncomfortable. So here is the pregnancy brain kicking in, I think that I'm possibly a little hungry. I get up and get some fruit and a glass of water. I'm watching TV and eating and thinking, wow these are really uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions. I start to feel cramping along with them, and my whole body is just aching. I try to lay back down in bed to no avail. So I wake up hubby and tell him what's going on. He calls L&D and they want me to come to the hospital to get checked out. Sure enough I was having contractions, they weren't strong and I wasn't dilating but was having quite a few. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions and within minutes the contractions stop. I go home and I'm told to rest for the next few days.

Do I get to rest the next few days? Not really, but I'm not complaining everyone, especially my OB, wants to figure out what is going on with me. My OB and cardiologist think maybe my thyroid is getting worse. Appointments get scheduled for endocrinologists and blood draws, echo cardiograms and ultrasounds. Not much rest is being had by me.
That has been my week, now I have to find a way to get a hold of my work who are closed through Monday and take more days off to rest and get to my appointments, and possibly not work anymore. Who knows?!? I'm just frustrated by it all, I want Parker to be healthy and so worried about him being born early. I'm also worried that something more serious is going on. What's worse is I'm still having more than usual contractions and I feel no better today than when this all started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...