Monday, August 23, 2010

34 weeks

Packing the hospital bags??

I have the bag that I will be packing, I just haven't sat down and started yet. I don't want to be caught by surprise but I also don't want to get it done too early. Since Parker's nursery is done and everything else is in order I feel that packing the bag is the last thing I get to do while pregnant. I don't want to rush it in a way. I did however pack his diaper bag and that is sitting on the nursery room door. It's so close now and I'm very excited but getting nervous. I wanted to have an all natural birth but since I have been so uncomfortable the last 3-4 months, I just want to get the epidural and enjoy the birthing process and not think about all the relaxing and focusing.(I have been trying to relax and focus just to get through the painful contractions I'm already having and I'm tired.)

How far along: 34 weeks
Weight gain: 30 lbs
Stretch marks: I have the same small red marks on the left and right sides, not very big but definitely new.
OB Appointments: Right now I'm have appointments scheduled every week because I have been having a lot of nausea and even more contractions. I'm still not progressing which is very good at this point. We want Parker to continue to grow and be healthy when he's born.
Symptoms: Sciatica pain, tons of pelvic pressure/pain, insomnia, and exhaustion. I find that swimming in the morning helps a ton with the aches and pains.
Sleep: I sleep about 3-4 hours at a time, I will get up for about an hour and lay back down. Usually because I wake up extremely uncomfortable. Thank goodness for late night video games, they always put me back to sleep.
Best Moment this Week: I found out one of the reasons I was having such bad nausea...peanut butter. I had no appetite because the nausea was so bad, everything I ate seemed to upset me. Well, the ACTUAL culprit was peanut butter. I don't know why and I will ask my OB about it at this next appointment. I know that since I have stopped eating it, I have had ZERO nausea.
Food Cravings: Nothing, I'm not hungry at all right now. I'm forcing myself to eat right now.
Labor Signs: Upped my dose of Procardia this week since the contractions were getting worse. They seem to be worse as the day wears on. In the morning they aren't as bad.
Belly Button in or out?: In
Feet Swelling?: Minor swelling but I'm happy to say I don't have cankles!
Wedding rings on or off?: I took them off, they still fit but not comfortably. I just wear them on a chain around my neck.
Movement: His moving has graduated to more of a rolling type movement.
Milestones: Less than 6 weeks till my due date and less than 3 till I'm full term and can stop taking Procardia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...