Thursday, December 6, 2012

Our stockings!

I had the idea to make our own personalized stockings after Eliana was born. I thought it would be a more daunting task, especially with all the extra embroidery I was doing, but they didn't take quite as long as I thought. They took me about a week, even with all the embroidery. I used a GREAT DIY tutorial  from pinterest. There is even a printable pattern.

You can find the tutorial here. 

Photobucket


Stocking DIY cost: 

Cotton fabric(Front): $15.00 (35th ave Sew & Vac)
Cotton fabric(Accents): $5.00
Minky fabric(Back): $5.99 (SAS fabric wholesale)
Crushed velour fabric(Inner): $2.00 (SAS fabrics wholesale)
Embroidery designs: $3.40 ( Planet Applique-On sale)

Photobucket


Total: $31.39!!! 

That doesn't include  the cost of the embroidery materials as I already had them. I looked into buying them retail and each stocking with personalization was around $25.

I didn't use any batting as I had minky on the back and crushed velour inner and I found that it was more than enough fabric. I don't think I could've sewn through any more layers. I also didn't do binding at the top. When I had embroidered my stocking my name ended up being too high and the stitching would have been covered.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...