Monday, May 3, 2010

18 weeks & Gender Ultrasound

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

18 Week Bump

Photobucket



I'm a little late posting this week but, I have been busy with work and trying to get some photography done for the website I'm putting together. It was sort of nice to stay busy the past few days, made them go by much faster. I'm going to do my post a little different this week since most of the questionnare stats I have been filling out haven't really changed..I don't think. Oh, one thing that is different is I did buy maternity clothes. I haven't been able to fit in my jeans comfortably for awhile now so I have been wearing cute sweats. I decided that when I'm out of a date with my hubby, sweats wont cut it. I bought a cute pair of jean capris, plaid capris, jeans, a halter dress, and 2 cute tank tops. I paid maybe $30 for all of it thanks to some really cute consignment stores in our area. You can see my super cute maternity jeans in my 18 week photo. Ok on to the weeks events.

What's new this week?!?

Well, we had our anatomy ultrasound this afternoon and it went very well. We were able to confirm that we are having a little boy, we are so thrilled. Names had already been picked out so our little boy will be "Parker Dean." I suppose I have to give a little history of where the names come from. Parker, as in Peter Parker, as in Spiderman. Ok, so for those of you who know my hubby I don't need to explain. For those of you who don't, well my hubby is probably one of the biggest Spiderman fans ever. So after juggling back and forth on a sensible name that portrays his love for Spiderman we agreed on Parker. As for the middle name we chose Dean, this is a special name since I had an Uncle that passed away when I was younger named Dean. I have always loved that name. For my hubby this is sort of a family tradition. When we were told at our 12 week scan that we were possibly having a boy, we actually had already started calling our little one, Parker. It seemed so natural even though we didn't know for sure.

So how is Parker doing?

He is growing strong, and is very healthy from what we can see. They measured his femur, "belly", head circumference, humerus, and some parts in the brain. All say that he is growing as he should be. He is now measuring about 9 days bigger than our EDD but I don't think our OB will change the due date, he has consistantly been a week ahead and she said she was going to keep the original date. He weighs approx. 11 ounces, and she actually didn't measure his crown to rump length but I'm sure he falls in the mid 19 week length, about 6 inches long. We heard his heartbeat and saw his heart. It's so amazing what you can see on these ultrasounds. Parker is very active, even as I type he is kicking me. Nothing hard, it actually tickles a bit more than anything but it is soothing. He is positioned with his head about 3 inches above my belly button and his feet in the area above my pubic bone(where I feel the kicking), so breech position though nothing to worry about right now. I added 3 photos from the DVD we recieved from the ultrasound. We tried to get better 3D photos but the way Parker was positioned and how he kept covering up his face with his hands it was hard to get all the face without some obstruction. We already know a few things are little one loves, to cross his legs at his ankles and to touch his face. I love the 3D picture, his face already looks perfect and adorable, my little prince.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...